Monday, April 14

A Faithful Wife



Maria and Pedro have been married for more than 30 years. They love to take walks together on the beach and sing praise songs together. But it's not always been that way.




Years ago, Maria dedicated her life to follow Jesus Christ. At that time, Pedro was a drunk who had no interest in spiritual things. Maria was faithful, though, and began to pray that God would draw her husband and family to Himself.


It didn't happen overnight. In fact, it didn't even happen quickly. Maria was faithful to pray for her husband for years and years. She says that it was a test of her faithfulness and dedication to God and to her husband. Many times, she wanted to give up, but she didn't. God honored her faithfulness and a few years ago Pedro accepted Christ as his personal savior and Lord.


Maria and Pedro sometimes sing a special song on Sunday mornings. Pedro's favorite song is "Una Noche Tuve un Sueño". The words, translated, are something like this:


One night I had a dream. I went to heaven and there were many people waiting to talk to God. It came my turn and God told me that He never knew me. "Father," I pleaded, "give me one more chance! I want to preach!" Then I awoke, and I knew that I needed to tell all the people about Jesus Christ and His love. Father, thank you for another chance! I will preach!


When they sing this song, the whole congregation joins in. There is seldom a dry eye in the house. The song is powerful by itself, but Pedro is suffering from dementia and the beginnings of alzheimers. Sometimes, he can't remember all the words. To see his and Maria's faces while they are singing, though...it's a beautiful thing!



When Pedro stands before God, he will not be ashamed! The Apostle Paul said, in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for eveyone who believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek."


No comments: