Sunday, November 2

Silent Sunday -- Life's a Beach



I don't know if you had to "be there" to really feel this picture. Let me know what emotions you have when you see this photo, and I'll post on Monday the photo's background.


Alright, here's what I thought as I watched this little guy play in the waves...

The little boy is about 6 or 7 years old. Like most of us who live only a few blocks from the beach, he seldom plays in the ocean. He has no beach toys, no pail, no shovel. I don't know his home situation, but if he is like most small boys of the village, home is not a very happy place. Perhaps Dad is a drunk. Perhaps mom yells a lot. But right now, at this moment, he is flying above the waves. Soaring! Free! Can't you hear him squealing with delight as the waves rush past him? He's Superman!

1 comment:

Romany said...

Hi Rebecca,

I love the pictures!

I found you through the HSBA's. I'm nominated in the same category.